Green Light Wellness| Cana Butter Recipe
by Shovana Williams on November 24, 2020
Canna Butter Recipe
- Melt 1-pound butter in a medium-sized saucepan on low burner then add 2 cups of water and mix. Simmer over low to medium heat.
- Add decarboxylated and ground CBD flower as the butter melts. Reduce heat to low and continue mixing.
- Maintain temperature at 200 to 250 degrees F for the next 2- 3 hours. Do NOT let the butter scorch. Add a bit more water if it gets too dry. What you want to see is the butter to become thick and glossy-like. At that point you can turn the heat off.
- Secure a piece of cheesecloth over a large glass bowl. While still hot, pour the butter over the cheese cloth and allow it to filter slowly into the glass bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain remaining liquid off the butter and pat it with paper towel to entirely absorb moisture there may still be.
- The butter must be refrigerated in an airtight container so that it is best preserved.